Stuhrling Original Watch Review
History tells us that timepieces are symbol of style and status from centuries and Stuhrling Original Watches has keep alive that tradition by putting mixture of traditional and modern designs. Stuhrling watches are not only affordable but they brought quality, style and uniqueness in their watches by making it easy to tell the time in style.
Stuhrling Original Women’s Classique Gatsby Swiss Quartz Watch
Stuhrling Original has a wide variety of women watches full of styles, range from Classical to modernity with a fancy touch. Those women’s who love to wear a dressier design, the Stuhrling Original Women’s Classique Gatsby Swiss Quartz Watch is the best choice for them. It has the option of color choice from black, lavender, yellow or brown genuine French Leather band with a sleek effect features equipped with a deployment clasp with buckle closure.
The Gatsby has classical sand white dial protected by a Krysterna dial window that matches with the color of your strap choice. Contrasting indexes with stylized Arabic numerals which adds extra ordinary stand out effect. Crafted with the utmost attention to detail this classical and luxurious timepiece has the power of elegant taste with Swiss quartz movement and the 165 feet water resistance with six o clock position tracks that pass seconds for your convenience time telling.
If you are in the market for a new watch, Stuhrling Original is a brand worth checking out. With a wide variety of styles ranging from classic to contemporary, one thing you’ll notice is that they are indeed original when it comes to design. Their watches are also affordable, proving you don’t have to spend a fortune to tell time in style.
If you are looking for a new watch in the market, than Stuhrling Original is a brand which you must check out. Stuhrling Watches are available in a wide range of variety and styles, classical designs to contemporary and one thing which you must keep in mind is, there designs are original and affordable. There is no doubt Stuhrling Original Watches are choice of the day.
Winchester Elite Skeleton Automatic Watch
I was searching for Winchester watches and during that research I found one very interesting review about “Winchester Elite Skeleton Automatic Watch” which grab my attention and I start reading it. I was unable to stop myself till the end, so I thought it is worth to share with you to understand a real review from a customer Jeff Reynolds who bought this great watch and share his experience and feelings about the watch.
Great watch, just know what you are getting
Winchester Elite is a great watch for the price point and I have enjoyed wearing it. Other than some minor quibbles I’m happy with the way it looks, works, and feels. After reading a lot of the reviews I thought I would first lay out what you are and are not getting when buying, and then review a few things about this particular model.
1.Understand what you are getting: This is a great watch and worth the asking price in my opinion, but know that it is NOT Swiss made. Stuhrling did start as a Swiss watch company but their operations were moved to Asia long ago. Although the factory in Hong Kong may have Swiss oversight and use Swiss designs and vintage equipment, their watches are not made in Switzerland. Were this a truly Swiss made mechanical/automatic watch the asking price would be many times higher. Note the carefully worded history advertisement above.
2. Do not pay attention to the List Price. In the watch world MSRP and list prices can be highly inflated as selling point. This is not an $800 watch. Under $200 is about right for what you are getting. When buying watches if the savings are too good to be true…
3. This watch is a mechanical/automatic watch. It’s made to be wound by hand the old fashioned way, however it will also be wound by your movements as you wear it. Even if you wear the watch regularly you will still need to wind it every so often (about 25-30 clockwise rotations of the crown). I’ve found that mine needs to be wound every two weeks or so with regular use. The automatic feature is there to augment hand winding but not replace it entirely. You will need to fully wind it out of the box before wearing. If you look at the picture of the watch taken from the back you will see a half moon shaped piece. This is what rotates with movement to wind the watch. It may not swing completely freely but this may be due to the torque needed for winding. (This is just a guess).
4. You will need to go to a jeweler and have the bracelet adjusted for your wrist. All the links will be in place when it arrives, so unless you have a massive arm you’ll need to have links removed to fit. Although some jewelers will do this as a courtesy most will charge a fee between $10-$25. Always keep the extra links you get back.
5. Mechanical/Automatic watches are not as accurate as a quartz. As with all mechanical watches this one will loose some time. A high end genuine Swiss watch may loose 5-6 seconds a day, however this watch MAY loose up to a minute or more. This is to be expected at this price point and it doesn’t bother me much. Again mine has done quite well since getting it and has lost very little time daily.
6. Stuhrling will give you an extra year on your warranty if you review the watch on Amazon for a total of 3 years. I’ve done that but kept it honest.
Despite my gripe about iffy advertising and list prices, I really like this Winchester Elite watch. The bracelet and casing are solid and the the moving parts are fascinating to look at. The watch itself is not too heavy (hear this Fossil?) but you know you’re wearing it. As one reviewer noted the clear gasket that the Stuhrling logo floats on could have been left out, but other than that the watch looks great. There is no date function on it as the information claims. One of the things that keeps this watch more affordable is that other than the time there are no other complications like date, moon phase etc. There are recesses on the hands to take luminescence but this has been left out. I prefer it this way as it would have taken away from the older vintage feel of it.
All in all I think Winchester Elite is a solid and attractive piece and worth the asking price. This is not an heirloom piece to hand down through the generations, but it’s still a solid Winchester Elite watch that should last you a long time and look great.